Sunday, July 14, 2013

Canning Blog Envy

There are a number of food blogs that are not only informative but visually stimulating. They are the kind that make me want to get up and do whatever it is I am reading about or seeing. One of these sites is Food in Jars. If you have even the slightest interest in canning, or if you are a well seasoned expert, there is something for you to enjoy on her site. I consider myself a novice canner, but I am eager to experiment and try many of the recipes shared on the Food in Jars website. So much so I find myself on the site more that I would like to admit. Here is the state of affairs in my own kitchen so far this year.

making brandied cherries for the first time

many emptied jars to be filled this year

what remains of last year's preserves
 
new preserves: raspberry jam, tayberry jam and raspberry infused with lavender jam


new preserves: pickled garlic scapes, canned cherries and brandied cherries
 
I buy sunflowers whenever they are available at the farmer's market with my vendor discount, and I was very happy I had these to brighten up the preserve photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment