Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 2-4: The Journey South

We made it to Cawston. The journey south went fairly smoothly, but I think I can speak for Bonnie and myself saying that neither of us wants to drive so far in the near future again. As a result of the storm, our ferry was delayed by five hours. Rather than change our B&B reservations in Terrace, we let them know that we would be arriving quite late. In the end we made fairly decent time and rolled into Terrace after driving two hours in the rain and darkness around midnight. Bonnie and I both agreed that this particular part of our drive was reminiscent of scenes one sees on TV where a serial killer is inevitably involved.

The next two days we drove. Some highlights include seeing a moose and a bear, staying in two wonderfully charming (and cheap) bed and breakfasts, listening to hours of great music and each buying some 'essential' oddities at an emporium in Clinton.

Downsides of the trip include getting my first chip in my windshield, the fact that I might be getting a speeding ticket in the mail (thank you Williams Lake) and waiting at a standstill a number of times on the highway because of construction.

Still, I could not ask for a better passenger and co-pilot. After four weeks (and a number of years) of being pretty much inseparable, Bonnie and I are now both on our own journeys. Though, for the time being she is living just down the road from my new home in Cawston, BC, so I expect that we will still have a few more adventures before I must really say goodbye.

(You should all check out Bonnie's blog - A Bumbling B)

Tomorrow, I start my farming apprenticeship at Klippers Organics.

No comments:

Post a Comment